<$BlogRSDUrl$>


email ROI, email marketing new, email articles, email strategies
eROI Blog
Email Marketing News, Articles, and Strategies
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Email Enlightenment

Over the past 4 weeks, I have been interning at eROI with the marketing department. Naturally, I’ve developed an obsession and passion for all things interactive. While my experiences have been fun and beneficial I have not noticed a change in my day to day life . . . until this past weekend.

I was busy working on writing up a quick email to promote an event for my American Marketing Association collegiate chapter at Portland State University. Suddenly, I began to worry about the dreaded, “hierarchy of messaging” in my amateur email. I started to consider the format of the message with how many lines of content I had and if my message was clear to readers. Then, I became concerned that the title of the message wasn’t following eROI best practices for subject lines. Next thing I knew, I found myself counting on my fingers the number of characters in the subject line and strengthening my call to action. After hitting the send button with much hesitation, I started to wonder about how many members would actually read the email and attend the event.

After this weekend’s experience I realize that I have been enlightened about email. I pledge to never again send out a mass email that I’ve merely corrected for punctuation marks, but to apply my new found email practices everyday.

I am a believer and a preacher of all eROI email best practices.

Are you?

Labels:

Posted by: Robyn B at 11:02 AM  |  Permalink


Comments: Post a Comment





© 2004 eROI, inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | The Email Wars | Site Map | EmailDays | TheEmailWars