<$BlogRSDUrl$>


email ROI, email marketing new, email articles, email strategies
eROI Blog
Email Marketing News, Articles, and Strategies
Monday, February 23, 2009
Creepy Comcast
This morning I came across the recently launched Comcast campaign. Have you seen it? It's the one with lots of colors, crazy animations, bad music, and indie kids. At the end of the commercial, they display the address for their microsite, comcasttown.com. Here I can participate in the Comcast community by making my own "room", watching commercials, and even downloading sheet music to the songs. In the next coming weeks I will be able to download ringtones and play flash games. But will I want to? Out of curiosity, yes.

In all honestly, I am creeped out by this campaign and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I've never had this type of relationship with my cable provider before.

Until today, Comcast has never used any hip drone-ish people to lure me to their services. They have pulled a complete 180 from their previous commercials that once featured 40 year old sports loving dads alongside their families complimented with zooming text highlighting specials. But, I do admire how they have given fluidity to the campaign with the utilization of many different interactive mediums.

In the end, they got me to do what they wanted. . . I gave them my information and am now a citizen of Comcast Town.

Check out the commercial for yourself:

Posted by: Robyn B at 4:26 PM  |  Permalink


Comments: Post a Comment





© 2004 eROI, inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | The Email Wars | Site Map | EmailDays | TheEmailWars