<$BlogRSDUrl$>


email ROI, email marketing new, email articles, email strategies
eROI Blog
Email Marketing News, Articles, and Strategies
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Are College Students Using Twitter?
As a college student I've been using Twitter for the past 2 months now and love it. At first, it was a struggle to understand what Twitter is and why I would want to use it. In the beginning, I just couldn't understand why I should micro-blog and why I should care about everyone's tweets. It got me thinking, what do my peers think about Twitter?

Over the past two months I've been casually asking my friends if they use Twitter and how they feel about it. Many of them are unaware of Twitter and those who do, either love it or hate it. Their feelings are parallel to those expressed in this video created by HackCollege. In it, they asked 101 students about Twitter:




In conducting their "informal study", they found only 25% of students knew of Twitter. How can it be that so many college kids are unaware of this hit social media? Probably because they are still occupied with Facebook. But, if you show us how to sync the two applications through the Twitter application on Facebook, you'll get us to tweet with you.

Twitter seems to be that one piece of social media that the "grown-ups" have beat us youngsters to. But don't fret, we'll catch on and be ahead of the game on the next one.

Twitter us in the meantime: @eROI

Labels: , ,

Posted by: Robyn B at 4:05 PM  |  Permalink


Comments: Post a Comment





© 2004 eROI, inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | The Email Wars | Site Map | EmailDays | TheEmailWars