<$BlogRSDUrl$>


email ROI, email marketing new, email articles, email strategies
eROI Blog
Email Marketing News, Articles, and Strategies
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Inspiration and Design
I'm getting close to graduating so I've been thinking about my portfolio lately. Wanting to be a copywriter, a solid portfolio is critical to landing a good job, especially in this economy. As a copywriter (hopefully), my emphasis is on text, not images; however, having quality images in my portfolio would be more professional and probably help my chances of getting a job. Anyways, I've been looking around at different design sites for some sort of inspiration, and I found this:




Not only is this an awesome painting, but if you read her bio, you'll learn that she didn't start painting until she was 45. Yes, she has been drawing since 1996, but I'm still impressed with how quickly she developed her painting skills. Her story inspires me to develop some artistic talent of my own.

Here's a sample of current artistic abilities (I love this ad by the way). I'm only 23, so if I have the same fortune as Byung Hwa Yoo (and probably natural talent), maybe I'll be producing awesome artwork in a few years.

Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should. I'm not planning on becoming a designer, I just want to have the best portfolio possible to help me get a job in a down economy. Maybe I should just stick to focusing on my writing skills, which I'm confident about.

If you want to see awesome design, check out eROI Design Team's blog Fresh, at http://welikeitfresh.com/. I love how the background changes each time I visit it.

Labels:

Posted by: Jeff Kempf at 11:17 AM  |  Permalink


Comments: Post a Comment





© 2004 eROI, inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | The Email Wars | Site Map | EmailDays | TheEmailWars